How to be agile in 10 basic steps
In order to be agile team in today’s quite stressful and demanding time, software programming team should try to follow some if not all of the below listed practices in order to succeed:
- Test-first programming (or perhaps Test-Driven Development)
- Regular refactoring
- Continuous integration
- Follow a Simple design (YAGNI)
- Pair programming / Code Reviews
- Sharing the codebase between programmers
- A single coding standard to which all programmers adhere
- A common “war-room” style work area.
- Small Releases
- Optimize code in the end
If followed coherently and constantly, the above listed practices will add more discipline to the team and add quality to the code.
The following expanded diagram of all the practices (adapted from the wikipedia source), shows that there are some more points to be taken into consideration.